The following players will be starting for "La Banda":
Paulo Ferrari-Cristian Nasuti-Eduardo Tuzzio-Leonardo Ponzio;
Fernando Belluschi-Oscar Ahumada-Rene Lima-Diego Buonanotte;
In regards to the team that tied on the first leg, there will be four changes:
- Paulo Ferrari will be replacing Danilo Gerlo. Our captain had missed the first match due to being suspended, causing Tuzzio to play as a right back and Gerlo as a center back. With Ferrari once again on the first team, Tuzzio will return to his original position, while "Paco" will be on the bench.
- Rene Lima will replace Nicolas Domingo. Passarella will be looking for a less aerial game than last time and believes that Lima can help out more offensively than Domingo.
- Diego Buonanotte will replace Matias Abelairas. After el "Pitu" Abelairas's mediocre performances lately, Buonanotte will once again return to the starting team. Diego will be a bit more ahead on the field than Abelairas, though, causing Lima to move to the left side from time to time.
- Andres Rios will replace Radamel Falcao Garcia. Our top-goalscorer this season (Falcao) was called up to the Colombian National Team and will be forced to miss tomorrow's game. The decision was a bit controversial, since Colombia doesn't even play till Saturday, but River could not have their say in the situation. Either way, Rios is a great player and is the striker on the team with most similar characteristics to the "Tiger".
The following results will determine our destiny in the Copa Sudamericana:
- River Wins: River Qualifies
- Arsenal Wins: Arsenal Qualifies
- 0-0 Tie: The match proceeds to a penalty shootout.
- Tie With Goals (i.e.- 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc.): Arsenal Qualifies.
The match will be shown live on Fox Sports en Espanol at 4:15 PM Pacific / 7:15 PM Eastern Time. A tape delay will also be shown the same night on the same channel at 8:00 PM Pacific / 11:00 PM Eastern Time.